1. ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM RULES
- Co-ed facility; wear appropriate apparel.
- No horseplay; it can cause injury and/or damage equipment.
- Be courteous to student sports medicine aides.
- Shoes must be worn in the athletic training room.
- Cleats are not allowed in the athletic training room.
- No Tobacco: NO ONE is permitted to smoke, chew or dip in the athletic training room.
- Foul language will not be tolerated.
- The athletic training room is operated by first come, first serve.
2. EQUIPMENT ISSUE
The athletic training room is more than willing to lend equipment to students for injury treatment and rehabilitation when deemed by the athletic training staff. Borrowed items should be returned promptly when no longer needed. The following procedure will apply if not returned.
- Items loaned are checked out and back in on a log.
- A note will be sent indicating what supplies you have and when we expect them returned.
- If not returned, the student will be expected to pay for the equipment at our cost.
- Questions should be directed to the head athletic trainer.
3. REPORT ALL INJURIES
It is imperative that you report any injury you sustain; often what feels like a minor injury develops into a major injury over a couple of days. If you sustain an injury and it is not better the next day, report to the athletic training room or the athletic training staff. DO NOT WAIT and expect the injury to go away.
If you are ill, it is important to call or report to the Student Health Center or Athletic Training Room. DO NOT LAY IN BED ALL DAY and call just before practice; make arrangements as soon as you begin to feel poorly.
HEALTH CENTER PHONE: x5418 HOURS: 8:30 - 4:30 (nurses on call after hours)
5. INJURY TREATMENT POLICY
- It is mandatory for all injured or ill players to report or call the athletic training room by 3:00 pm.
- All athlete injured athletes need to be evaluated prior to practice to determine status of play.
- It is your responsibilty to report for daily treatment times until you are cleared to full activity. YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN UP FOR TREATMENT TIMES IN THE ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM. IF YOU MISS YOUR TREATMENT TIME, YOU MAY NOT GET TREATMENT THAT DAY.
- Treatment will not be given during meeting times or practices.
6. TAPING POLICY
- Only Staff Athletic Trainers can tape you for an injury.
- If you have an ankle problem we will provide you with an ankle brace.
- Elastic wraps should be returned to the athletic training room daily.
- Ankle taping is done only for ankle injury or special circumstance; braces are used for prevention.
- ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM HOURS POSTED ON DOOR